Social media sites are cropping up in every conceivable arena. The digital world is constantly evolving. What’s in to day may be out tomorrow. Remember when MySpace ruled?
Pinterest, Digg, Google+ remain relatively untapped, show promise and are touted as the next “big thing”. Then, there’s that myyearbook merger with meet up. Another supposed rocketship ready for take-off.
This week, you need to find a recent article on the topic of “Untapped or relatively New Social Media sites” that you believe is an “untapped” resource. Some site that exists but might not be as mainstream as Pinterest and Facebook…YET. For example, Digg going version Pinterest or Habbo for kids. Or, you could uncover one that’s just surfacing like my example below of “youflik.cu.cc”
Post a link to your article for in-class discussion week 5; with a brief summary of the content of the article. Below are other requirements:
- Discuss why you think it is an untapped resource and why it might take off in the future.
- It MUST be at least 150 words.
- It MUST have at least 5 keyword links (those pesky “blue, underlined words). Luckily, wordpress recommends some for you.
- It must be dated and separated from your prior posts
- Remember to Review and comment on the articles of two other students by the beginning of class week 5
15-year-old creates new social networking site?
Will youflik.cu.cc be the next Facebook?
- Recent viewers (Who viewed your profile recently)
- Online friends (displays your online friends)
- Recent Pages (recently created pages on Youflik)
- Friend’s Trail (displays your friends activities)
- Recent events
- Upcoming events
- Shoutbox (Acts like an lobby chatroom)
- Connect with friends (Friend Find)
- 15-year-old creates new social networking site (insightnewspaper.wordpress.com)
YouFlik has received press and shows promise. Why? It integrates video, chat, blog and other elements to enrich the member experience. YouFlik TV brings youtube into YouFlik. New utlilities, crahsed servers, technology created by today’s youth to be spread by today’s youth, who knows..we just might see the next facebook. FIRST, Youflik has to get up and running again. Ah, the dreams of youth 🙂